Celebrate the warmer weather with these refreshing cocktail and mocktails recipes, they can all be served with or without alcohol. There is nothing quite like a good cocktail when the weather is lovely and warm, or as a post work Friday night drink. You might not be able to fly away and visit any beaches at the moment but you can re-create that holiday feeling, with these cocktails in the comfort of your home and enjoy a summer getaway vibe. From gin cucumber cocktails to strawberry mocktails these summer drinks will keep you refreshed and buzzed throughout the hot summer months.
Strawberry, Chamomile Rose Lemonade Cocktail
- 1 x Half a Grape Fruit
- 2-4 tablespoons Chamomile Honey Syrup ( may depend on your taste)
- 5 Fresh Strawberreis Sliced
- 1 Bottle of Fentimans Rose Lemonade to top
Ingredients to make Chamomile Honey Syrup
- 3/4 water
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 Chamomile teabags
How to create Chamomile Honey Syrup
Combine water and honey in a small pot and bring to low boil,simmer for 1 minute and remove from the heat. Add the tea bag, cover and let it sit 5-10 minutes. Remove the tea bag and allow the syrup to cool completely. Store in Fridge.
Add crushed ice, grapefruit juice and chamomile honey syrup in glass. Add sliced strawberries and pour in the Fentimans rose lemonade to top off the glass. Taste and add more chamomile syrup if desired. Garnish with fresh chamomile and strawberries if you would like to.
Cool as cucumber Gin Cocktail ( can also be served sans alcohol)
- 1 cup lemon flavoured sparkling water
- 2 cups of blueberries
- 1 tspn honey
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumbers
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1.5 oz gin
- Cucumber slices
How to make:
- Blend together the blueberries, honey and cucumber . Strain through a mesh sieve catching the juice into a bowl.
- Add half of the cucumber and blueberry juice to a cocktail shaker. Reserve the rest and divide it between two glasses. Add the cucumber slices to walls of the glasses
- Then add the gin, ice, and lemon sparkling water to the cocktail shaker, and shake.
- Pour into the glasses. Top off with ice and garnish with blueberries.
Lavender Elderflower Lemonade Cocktail
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2-3 tbsp, dried lavender
Mix together in a small pot and bring to boil for a few minutes, leave to cool and infuse.
- 2 oz Vodka
- 1 1/2 oz Lavender syrup
- 1/2 oz Lemon Juice
Plum & Rosewater Gin & Tonic
You can use plum, peach or pluots for this recipe
140g chopped plums
60ml tonic water
1/8 tsp Rose Water
2 slices of plum for garnish
How to make :
- Place the plum in a blender and blend until liquefied. Strain the plum through a fine-mesh sieve set over a large bowl. Stir in the gin, tonic and rosewater.
- Fill 2 glasses with ice and pour in the gin and tonic mixture. Garnish each glass with a plum slice.
Recipes inspired from a pinterest finds.